We know that you have questions about this new format for our summer programs. We’ve done our best to compile the questions we’ve been asked the most. If you can’t find your question below, you can submit your question via our webform or send it to email@example.com.
Do I have to do everything?
Moohci! ‘No!’ you do not have to do everything included in each week’s activities. Nor do you have to participate every week. We want you to feel free to pick out the activities that most interest you and your family as learners. We hope you see the materials we are providing and a supportive learning structure, but it’s a structure that you should feel free to bend to your needs. Some of the activities will likely be more fun and interesting if you’ve followed our structure, but this won’t be true for everyone. If you’re creative and self motivated there are few limits to how you can use the learning materials that we’ll be sharing this summer!
Do I have to do everything in the order and timing presented?
Moohci! ‘No!’ you do not have to do everything in the order presented or following the recommended timing! As we mentioned above, the provided materials should be seen as a supportive learning structure, but you can follow this structure in your own way and at your own pace. There’s only one element this summer that has a deadline: to display your art project during the community celebration, you have to submit it by midnight on July 29th. Everything else can be paced to match your interests and your life.
Will I need my parents’ help for everything?
It depends on your age. If you’re in Saakaciweeta (6-9 years old) you will need your parent’s help getting started on some of the activities, but some activities you might be able to do on your own. If you’re in Eewansaapita (10-16) you might be able to complete most of the activities on your own. However, because this summer’s focus is Eeweentiiyankwi ‘Family,’ almost every activity is perfectly suited to the family learning together.
How long will the materials be available?
The materials will be available for the foreseeable future on Aacimotaatiiyankwi – the Myaamia Community Blog.
What supplies will I need to participate in this program?
There are very few supplies necessary for participation. Below is a short list of supplies. The expanded list with full explanations can be found on page 6 of the Week 1 Activities.
- Your family tree
- Copies of family photos
- A journal of your choice (notebook, something digital, whatever works for you!)
- Art supplies (these are described in detail in the art lesson in Week 2).
- Technology needs are described below.
What technology will I need?
Ideally, there are a few technology needs that will help maximize your participation, but most of these are not required for participation.
- Computer or smart device with a camera. This will allow you to participate in our community gatherings and download the learning materials that will be released each week.
- The Zoom app on your computer or smart device. We’ll use this app to have our opening and closing gatherings as well as to handle any meetings or hangouts that participants request throughout the summer.
- If you want to complete these activities away from your computer, which we recommend, then you’ll need a printer.
- A full list of technology needs can be found on page 6 of the Week 1 Activities.
Who to contact if I need help?
Please contact Joshua Sutterfield at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments or submit a question below.